On this page, you will find all sorts of websites that contain information about activism. Below, you will find a list of websites that provide valuable resources for activists. Also make sure to check out books, podcasts, movies, scientific research, and blog articles on social change-making.
We have put the websites that publish their content under a Creative Commons licence apart, so that we know which ones to integrate with our platform.
Many great resources about activism can be found on the internet. The following websites are published under a Creative Commons licence (lot's of love to the awesome rebels who made them freely available like this).
This means we can copy their articles to Activist Handbook as long as the appropriate credit is given. Feel free to add and integrate these resources on our platform!
- Beautiful Trouble: A collection of stories, tactics, principles, theories and methodologies on activism.
- The Commons Library: “The Commons Social Change Library is an online collection of educational resources on campaign strategy, community organising, digital campaigning, communications and media, working effectively in groups, fundraising, diversity and inclusion and much more.”
- Seeds for Change: A collection of articles about campaign skills, consensus decision making, facilitation, skills for working in groups, resources for co-ops and running workshops. Various translations are available as well.
- Blueprints for Change: A collection of shared Google Docs targeted at progressive activists about organising and campaigning strategies, online-offline approaches, tools and self-defence for organisers and campaigners.
- Training for Change: A training organisation for activists in North America.
- The Change Agency: A project to support activists through education and research
- Paper Revolution: A library for anarchist activists.
- Mobilisation Lab: A collection of reports, toolkits and guides about change-making.
- AORTA Resources: A variety of toolkits, handouts, guides, and other resources created by the Anti-Oppression Resource & Training Alliance.
- Effective Activist: Evidence-based guides on how to do effective change-making.
- The Info-Activism How-To Guide: Strategies and tools for digital campaigning.
- San Antonio Review Community Resources: Links to mostly free and all useful resources from around the Web curated by the SAR Editorial Collective.
- The Hub: Ilga Europe's resource-sharing center for LGBTI activists in Europe and Central Asia.
- Destructables: Seems to be inactive since 2018, but still has some great resources [Website currently broken: Archived version]
- organising4all: A list of resources for (anarchist) activists
- The Direct Action Movement (DAM): Australia-based organisation that supports actions and campaigns.
- Rhizome Network: Seem to be inactive since 2020, but their website still contains valuable Creative Commons resources
The following websites about activism are not available under a creative commons licence, but they contain great information nevertheless.
- Youth Activist Toolkit by Advocates for Youth (2019): a 64 page document with chapters on getting started with activism, creating a strategy, crafting your message, building collective power, using your power and sustaining a movement.
- 350.org trainings: An elaborate list of guides for trainers, meeting facilitators and organisers. The website is primarily targeted at climate activists, but the articles provide useful insights for other activists as well.
- Social Justice Toolbox: A collection of resources to help you organise diversity workshops and social justice trainings.
- Resources for organisers by Praxis Makes Perfect | Archived
- sgENGAGE: A website built for nonprofits generally, with a focus on things such as technologies, marketing, fundraising, and managing nonprofit organisations.
- Index Mundi: A data portal that gathers facts and statistics from multiple sources and turns them into easy to use visuals.
- The Barefoot Guide Connection
- Witness: Video activism
- Handbook by School of Transnational Activism
- Extinction Rebellion Global Docs: Internal wiki, accessible by creating a free account
- The Info-Activism How-To Guide
- The Yes Men: Campaign training resources for students
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict: Collection of resources for nonviolent campaigns.
- Advocacy Handbook: A 68 page document developed by the European Youth Forum on advocacy planning, choosing actions and defining different types of change-making.
- The Citizen's Handbook
- The Movement Hub
- Resistance School (they also have Youtube channel)
- YWCA Advocacy Toolkit: 36 page PDF publication for intersectional feminist activists.
- NetChange reports: Distributed Organizing Worksheet, Digital Engagement Teams in 2018, Networked Change Report, Networked Change In Canada, Directed-network Campaign Planning Tool
We also collected a few blog authors that write about activism:
Stay updated about the latest activism news across the globe with these websites:
When adding resources, please remember that they have to be about activism in general!
If you find a resource that is about a specific topic, please add them to a more relevant article on our website instead.