Here you will find articles and resources to help you write a strategy for your movement. We have added step-by-step guides for organising workshop sessions to start writing a strategy together with fellow rebels.
- Theory of Change (ToC): A methodology used for strategy and evaluation. The model of ToC starts by defining a long-term goal and then works backwards by identifying preconditions needed to achieve this goal.
There is no “one right way” to capture and communicate all the elements of strategy. Some organisations have a preference for simple one-page tables. Others use longly narrative formats or complex documents that extend to 20 pages or more. Some templates we’ve seen used effectively are:
- tCA strategy chart: This chart shows the anatomy of a campaign strategy. It provides a compact overview of different elements of strategizing and suggestions for processes your group can use to develop them.
- tCA campaign strategy template: a template incorporating elements of strategy and suggested processes to develop each element with members of your group
- tCA Basic strategy grid: An adapted version of the Midwest Academy’s community organising grid, this simple table provides one way of developing and integrating key pieces of a strategy in a logical sequence.
- tCA Strategic planning template: This format has been used by medium-sized environment groups in their annual planning cycle. A simple table requiring vision, objectives, resources and performance indicators. The table is also useful for evaluation purposes.