This guide is for activists who want to use photography to further their cause. It covers the basics of photography, including composition, lighting, and equipment, and provides tips on how to use photography to capture powerful images that can tell a story and inspire change.
Describe the potential impact of using photography as activist tactic…
Add the resources you need as a photographer (e.g. camera/phone)
How to get started
Where Do I Find Images and Illustrations Reflecting Diversity by Antje Dunn
Some well-known examples include the work of photographers like James Nachtwey and Sebastião Salgado, who have used their work to raise awareness of social and political issues.
Improve this guide
These are some questions people may have:
- How can photography be used to further the cause of social justice?
- How can photographs be used to raise awareness about pressing issues?
- How can activists use photography to document their work?
- How can photography be used to create change?
- How can photography be used to inspire others?
- How can photography be used to build solidarity?
Add relevant external resources here…
The Rebel Write tool was used to help write this article using artificial intelligence. This content is available under a Creative Commons licence.