This page is dedicated to the training and capacity building of activists. Here you can find all the courses that we provide, the courses provided by our partner organisations and those suggested by you, the audience of Activist Handbook.
This is our attempt at peer to peer education. We believe in sharing knowledge and learning from each other which is why our courses are freely available to anyone who wants to follow. On top of that, they are available in video format as well, all the handouts and materials needed for the courses at Rebel Academy are stored on our website.
Do you know an organisation that provides trainings for activists? Add it to the list!
- Mobilisation Lab: "We guide change-makers to design nimble, people-powered advocacy campaigns using participatory approaches that deliver bigger wins and transform organisations.
- Training for Change: “All of our workshops are rooted in our Direct Education approach. Our trainers center the group, building upon dynamics in the room and participants’ own experience to introduce new content and help the group access their own wisdom. Many of our public workshops are “training of trainers”.”
- Seeds for Change: "We provide training and workshops for co-ops, campaigns and community projects that are working for social and ecological justice."
- Organising for Change: "We offer a core three day ‘Organising for Change’ training for campaigners from grassroots groups and NGOs which focuses on: seeding the open, inclusive and liberatory culture we want to see in the world, the basics of organising, and putting organising at the heart of campaigns for change"
- Beautiful Rising: "Our global network includes a deep bench of seasoned trainers and facilitators, primed to deliver trainings and curricula in strategic planning, core organizing principles, nonviolent discipline and creative action design, all in a highly experiential framework built on Beautiful Rising’s core values of popular education. Trainings range from a two-hour introductory webinar to a week-long intensive, and are always tailored to the needs of the participating groups."
- Social Movement Technologies: "A non-profit/NGO providing organizing strategy, training and campaign support to build people power and win in the digital age."
- The Campaign Accelerator: This organisation provides tailored consulting, a 3-day masterclass, a 3-month accelerator programme and a 3-hour workshop. They have experience with impact strategies, engagement paths, social network communication, participatory financing and volunteer communities.
- The Good Lobby: They provide free training and resources by matching your organisation by change-making experts, specifically tailored to your needs.
- School of Transnational Activism
- SCALP (Schotland)