We're so excited to welcome you to our team! To help you get started, we have written a few support articles. At the very least, we highly recommend you to read this page.
In this article, we assume you have already signed up and applied for a role.
To become active as volunteer for Activist Handbook, please follow these steps:
- Getting started with a video call: After you have applied for a role, you will receive an invitation from one of our coordinators to set up a video call. This is not an interview, we just want to get to know you and see how you would like to contribute to this project.
- Officially register as volunteer. It is important you fill in this form!
- Download Slack and turn on notifications. Our integrator will add you to channels that are relevant to you. Our tech circle is happy to help you get started with Slack: [email protected]
We are here to help
We actively provide support to all our volunteers. Do not be afraid to ask questions. We are all here to learn from each other.
You can reach the people below via Slack. Having trouble with Slack? send us an email: [email protected]
- 👋 Integrator: Our integrator is always there to help new volunteers. If you do not know who to ask, they will be able to bring you in touch with the right person within our organisation.
- ⭕️ Your circle coordinator: If you have questions related to your role, your circle coordinator will be able to help you further.
- 💻 Tech coordinator: If you have trouble with any of the digital tools we use, our tech coordinator will be happy to assist you.
- ❤️ Wellbeing facilitator: Your wellbeing is important to us. If you are dealing with personal circumstances, do not hesitate to reach out to our wellbeing facilitator.
How we are organised
As volunteer, you will work closely together with other members of Activist Handbook. In short, this is how we are organised.
- Circles: We work together in groups of people, which we call circles. For example, we have a communication circle, which is responsible for managing our social media, recruiting volunteers and welcoming newcomers.
- Roles: Within these circles, we give people specific roles. Every role has a clearly defined purpose, domain and accountabilities. This way, everyone knows what to do and what to expect of others.
Feel free to read our article about how we are organised to learn more.
How we meet
We meet on a regular basis online. You are expected to attend your circle meetings. In addition, we have organisation wide meetings which you are very much welcome to join. Check out our calendar for all upcoming meetings and events.
Our meetings are very much structured so that we can work more effectively. You will learn more about this as you attend them, but also feel free to read our support article about how we meet.
We find it extremely important to support our volunteers in the best way possible. We have written various other support articles, both general and specifically for your role.
In addition, feel free to ask any questions you may have in our #support Slack channel. You can also send us an email at: [email protected]
As a final important note: our support articles are written by our volunteers. We expect from you that you write or improve support articles about your role, so that your successor does not have to start from zero.