Contributing to Activist Handbook should be easy. That is why we wrote some guides to help you get started. If you are a new member, this is the place to be. Before you continue, make sure to join our community.
We know that seeing all of these guides can be a bit overwhelming. At the very least, we recommend new volunteers to read our article on the basics. In addition, we always schedule a video call to help you get started.
Cannot find find the answer you are looking for? There are always people ready to help you out:
- 💬 Communication circle: We are always happy to schedule a video call or answer your questions via email: [email protected]
- ❤️ Wellbeing facilitator: Your wellbeing is important to us. If you are dealing with personal circumstances, do not hesitate to reach out to our wellbeing facilitator.
- 👩💻 Tech support: Having trouble with Slack, our website, or anything else tech-related? Feel free to contact our tech support.
- 🎨 Design guide
We highly recommend every new member to read these guides:
- The basics: At the very least, you should read this guide.
- Our organisation: We work with circles and roles. Both have clearly defined what their purpose, domain and accountabilities are. Read this article to find out more about who does what.
- Our meetings: We meet on a regular basis. Read this guide to find out what kind of meetings we have.
- Tools we use: All volunteers use Slack to communicate. Google Workspace is for our calendar, email, video calls and files. Read this guide to find out how to get started with these tools.
- Using our website: Anyone can edit pages on our website. To learn more about how to use tags, translations, version history and more, read this article.
- Using the logbook: Everything we do, we write down in our organisation logbook.
- Accessibility: We try to make our organisation accessible to everyone. Read this article if you have trouble understanding English, have bad internet, or no access to a computer.
- Managing projects
- How to contribute
Every volunteer is part of one of our circles. We wrote guides for all circles. Here you will also find a guide for your particular role: